Job Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The SAP BASIS Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting SAP systems hosted on companies Dynamic Computing Services platform for customers around the globe.
Primary responsibility will be supporting and monitoring the production break fix landscape, monitoring the environments, performing troubleshooting analysis, and supporting production application support. Where necessary ensure appropriate escalation actions are taken in order to maintain Service Level Agreements.
They will also be responsible for working with the project team on Environment Migration and supporting all development activities as needed.
Heavy interfacing with other IT Infrastructure teams such as server and database support.
• Provide daily to day ongoing support, i.e. request handling, incident & problem resolution.
• Execution of simple scheduled changes related to SAP.
• Respond to all requests in a timely and efficient manner according to Service Level Agreements, using the proper tools.
• Provide detailed technical advice and guidance to all customers in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them.
• Takes responsibility for quality standards and policies relating to the job.
• Promotes transfer of knowledge and awareness to those in closely related areas, such as (junior) colleagues, clients/users and development teams.
• Reports to Head of Team on service impacting issues and actively participates in follow-up actions to restore service back to normal levels.
• Keep procedures and landscape documentation evergreen.
The opportunity to get involved in a Global Organisation portfolio of SAP systems supporting business critical applications.
The challenge to work in a multi-disciplinary environment, striving for true service excellence and commercial performance. As mentioned above, the SAP implementations are some of the largest, most complex and business critical and the challenges involved in supporting the systems involved offers a rare opportunity to gain such experience.
Our business is growing, both in terms of the portfolio and the number of customers; we are seeking individuals who have the drive and ambition to help us achieve this growth.
Essential criteria & qualifications:
• Good technical knowledge of the IT infrastructure in use, especially where it relates to SAP landscapes.
• In excess of 5 years system engineering working experience, preferably in a service/technology management environment.
• Has recognized expertise and experience as a senior SAP R/3 BASIS Administrator and the technology and tools involved (SAP R/3 BASIS certified will be an added advantage).
• JAVA (basic experience with JAVA)
• Good technical skills and experience on Unix (IBM AIX) operating system
• Knowledgeable and experienced with recent versions of Oracle (version 9i & 10G)
• Experience with and conversant in the use of Incident, Problem and Change management tools and processes.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem analysis experience.
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
• Knowledgeable and experienced on SAP New Dimension Products BASIS administration.
• Knowledgeable and experienced with SAP ITS administration.
Other skill requirements:
• Self motivated with excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills.
• Steady character, able to work under pressure in a dynamic, technical complex environment.
• Customer focused and committed to understand the customer business.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Team player: able to work in a large team (10-15 peer colleagues) and share knowledge for the benefit of the team and the service.
This is a remarkable opportunity with superior challenges & career growth.
If this interests you, Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the process.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.